Monday, November 24, 2008

Friday, December 12: Our Lady of Guadalupe

Friday, December 12: Our Lady of Guadalupe

Rv 11:19a; 12:1-6a/Lk 1:26-38 or Lk 1:39-47

“A woman clothed with the sun.” Rev 12

Adonde vas, mi amor?

Where are you going my loved one?

Madrecita, voy donde me mandas.

Dearest mother, I go wherever you send me.

Santa Maria, Madre de Dios,

Holy Mary, Mother of God.

Let me bring hope and consolation to others. Morenita, little dark one, let me be your Juan Diego.

Santa Maria, Madre de Dios,

Holy Mary, Mother of God, Mother of the Creator, Dark Mother, brilliantly clothed with sun,

moon and stars.

Embrace me with your mantel

where roses ever bloom.

Santa Maria, ruega por nosotros pecadores,

Holy Mary, pray for us sinners.

Dearest virgin, we pray, crush the serpent’s head

of trafficking, racism, gangs, drugs,

hunger and unjust wars.

Mantra: Morenita, little dark one, let me be your Juan Diego.

Jacinta Martinez SNDdeN